Friday, October 6

AJ the PJ

It’s been a while since the worm’s spoken. Not that too many were complaining. Except for my trusted old pal, AJ. Too up market a name for this Gujju bhai, so it’s best to call a spade a spade. In this case – Ameet Joshi.


Been busy of late. (And before AJ has a comment, let me say it myself, ‘For a change.’ Ameet stop sniggering)

China is driving me up the wall. ‘Not surprising’ said AJ the PJ, ‘they own the Great Wall dude!’ Guess this is the right moment in time for me to confess to the whole world or the two people who read this blog (AJ and me) the real reason why I tolerate Ameet Joshi.

The fact, not hidden to any, is that he makes me look good.
- More hair
- Less fat
- Better clothes
-That too matching
Aren’t these more than good reasons for anyone to put up with a little body odour and a little more audacity? They sure are for me!

I might be getting a bit carried away. Only a bit. So, since I’ve claimed to call a spade a spade, here it is.
I really do wish I’d have a heart and mind like his. Warm, sharp, quick-witted and above all, non-judgmental.

(Get a hold of yourself Brijesh. It was supposed to be a moment of weakness. Let it pass.)

OK! The moment and wind has passed. Where were we? Yeah…the Chinese. Those buggers were really onto me.
‘Why me Lord?’ I cried. Like a man of little faith.
But God moves in mysterious ways. So instead of sending down his wrath, he sent me the newspaper, wrapped.
And it declared verily unto me that even the PM is human and so is his family members, especially his grandson. And if they could be faced with this then who am I?
Man, mere man. (Jokes apart, hope the kid recovers soon.)

Faith restored I returned. Or should I say I left. For Aamby Valley. The exclusive city hidden in the hills of Lonavala.

I went. I saw. I wandered and wondered. What’s the big deal? The place is nice. The rates unheard of. The service, competent. But put together it surely wasn’t EARTH’S FINEST ABODE. No sir. Not by a long shot.
So 3 stiff shots. And I slept over it.
Woke up next morning, no change in opinion.
So 3 more shots.
Cheers!

No comments: